Monday, April 2, 2007

"Praise the Lord" Tomato Soup

Praise the Lord Tomato Soup
- Stephanie Allen

1 Box of Creamy Tomato Soup (I also like the Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato for a little extra zip.I think the brand is Pacific.)

16 oz. of your favorite marinara sauce

¾ lb. of your favorite sausage….pork, chicken, you choose.

¼ cup red wine…merlot or cabernet (whatever you happen to have and you can do more or less)

1 cup of corn

I also shake in some oregano and basil…no idea how much. I just shake it on top of the soup until the top is covered.

Throw it all in the pot and let it simmer for a while.

I usually double the recipe when I make it so I can freeze the leftovers. This goes great with cornbread, or a grilled cheese sandwich. And it’s good with a dallop of sour cream and some grated cheddar on top.

Praise the Lord!

No comments: