Broccoli Casserole:-Rhoda Tillack Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Butter a casserole dish (I use a 9 x 13 inch dish)
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan and add 1 large onion chopped and 1 minced clove of garlic. Sautee until the onions a soft. Place onions in the casserole dish.
3. Chop broccoli into bite size pieces. You need 4 cups. Partially cook broccoli (I steam them slightly for 1 to 2 minutes) and place them in the casserole dish over the onion mixture.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of slivered almonds over broccoli.
5. Mix 1 x 10oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup, and 7oz of grated sharp cheddar cheese. Spread over broccoli.
6. Sautee 1/2 cup bread crumbs, 1/4 cup sliced almonds, 1 clove of garlic minced in 1 Tablespoon of butter. Sautee until fragrant (approx 1-2 min). Sprinkle on cheese mixture.
7. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbling and golden on top. (approx 30 minutes)
It's a great recipe to have when someone asks you to bring a side. You can make it early in the day, refrigerate it and then cook it 30 minutes before dinner. I made it twice this weekend (we had 2 dinners). It was yummy!